It’s that time of year again - Stoptober is just around the corner and we’re here to wish you all the very best of luck in your quest for a cigarette free life. We’re big supporters of Stoptober, the campaign to encourage people to stop smoking for the month of October. No matter how long you’ve smoked for, quitting can help improve your health straight away.
Check out the NHS’s Stoptober page for loads of information and support: from a free app and daily emails, to face-to-face expert support. You can even get a free personal quit plan.
“experts estimate that vaping is at least 95% less harmful than smoking cigarettes.” – Stoptober website
We’re proud that evidence is now growing that e-cigarettes are playing a significant role in helping smokers quit and the Stoptober website recommends using e-cigarettes as a particularly effective stop smoking aid.
If you’re thinking of quitting this October here’s our quick guide to help you quit:
1) Tell your friends and family you’re aiming to stop smoking this Stoptober. If you’ve told your nearest and dearest you’re less likely to waiver!
2) Think positively – you CAN do it.
3) It’s easier with a bit of help and some positive reminders about why you’re quitting. Sign up for the NHS’s Smokefree support here. Where you can choose from an app, Quit Kit, email, SMS and face-to-face guidance to help you through the month.
4) Get started on the road to a smoke free October and beyond with one of our e-cigarette starter kits. The Royal College of Physicians says smokers who use e-cigarettes are more likely to quit permanently.
5) Prepare for the month by avoiding temptation and make sure there are no cigarettes lying about in the house to tempt you.
If you’re going to try to give up this October it’s a resounding ‘Good luck’ from all the E-Cigs team.